Sunday, November 14, 2004

One of many peeves I have.

One thing I can say.. It drives me up the walls when folks say they would visit, check with you of the time, and if they would bring anything, and then, guess what? They don't show up. Now, before you assume that "oh, that means she is a boring person," you're into the left field. From what friends would tell me, and admit to me, that often they would make plans with friends (like me), and then they suddenly feel "ugh,I don't feel like going." "I feel bloated." "I don't want to get out of my warm bed into a car to drive to see someone." "I can see her next time." "Oh, my TV show is on tonight." "Beh, it's too cold to get out of the house." "I don't have money." "I didn't realize how late it was, I forgot that I was going to see you"(despite they checked with me an half hour ago) I would remind them, "hey, I know how hard it is for you to do ......(you name it), but that is how friendships work. Take and give." How often I remember how some folks would scream and ask for help, and I'd go help them. If they had a party, I would come over. Folks would come for my New Year Eve party, and really had a blast that they would ask me three months ahead, if I would have another party. The folks would perk up if I tell them, I'm cooking Spicy chicken with fruit sauce, Hawaiian tenderloin with fruit salsa, Meanest Vegetarian chili, whatever I cook, and they'd go "Great! What time can I come over?" inviting themselves before I'd invite them.... All I can explain of their behavior is.... Some are callous. Love 'em, but sometimes they have no common sense, or courtesy, or any idea of how a friendship works. At least, I can say in -my- case, I never had skipped a visit with them. They can't say the same for me.

No comments: