Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sunday it is, and a new week comes.

I may be old-fashioned, (I can hear my friends snort as they read this) but I do believe that if we ALL have manners, the world would be much better for it. Instead of triggering road rage, one would let it go if someone cut into their lane. Gods know that if a person -lets- someone take a space front of him on the road, that one would feel good to continue that behavior to be more polite and let other folks go ahead of him, instead of hugging the bumper, and causing the ripple of "excuse-me! I had waited for a car to let me get on. I had waited, watching 20 cars going by me, not letting me get onto the road!" OH, now since I'm talking about cars, I'll tell you something... Compared to Colorado, Maryland drivers are certainly MORE sane and safer! In all six years, I never had been in an accident, or experienced near-accidents in that state. I have moved to Colorado, and in the first six months, I had four near-accidents, such as a guy that still continued running through the red light EVEN after it had been a red light for a bit! I was driving on the green light, and I saw my life flying through my eyes as I saw two lights glaring bigger, and bigger at me. Finally he stopped right front of my right side, as he nicked my side mirror, and know what he did? He FLIPPED the bird at me! As if -I- was the one who run the red light, when it was him. Stupid, no? And it amuses me that B.W. considers me the crazy lead-foot driver of the family when she had her own driver license revoked, her car collecting dust in the garage; several relatives in family had gotten in car accidents, you name it, they probably had experienced it in driving- while in all the years I had driven, I hadn't been in a car accident, nor getting a ticket for speeding or illegal moves, or to get busted by police. (knocking on wood) I'll confess that I had several parking tickets for not picking up my car once the time expired. Nah,I'm not perfect.

No comments: