Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I hate Mondays.

To be honest with you, That's why I avoid going places Mondays 'cause something HAS to happen that'd be a pain in the ass for me. I had a doctor appt that morning, in which everything was fine. I decided to go to the library to check emails to see if I'm needed at work, or clients need to talk with me...whatever.. You know how computer labs are..all that rows of tables in which computers rest on and students stare blankly at them, chairs back to back at each other leaving barely room for one to walk through to the other side of the wall where the available computer is! HA. At this point, doctors and I are not sure exactly what happened, but I do know that it's possible I saw a student about to move a bit backward- and so I tried to avoid crashing into her, by moving my body side- but my leg disagreed. Next thing I knew, I was screaming like hell, holding my leg still on the floor, throwing daggers at folks from my eyes when they tried to ask me to sit up or let them help me get up. I just knew something was wrong with my leg- it hurted so bad. REALLY BAD that it was no good news. finally EMTS came by and when they tried to move me onto the gauny- I shrieked- even with my deaf ears, i could hear my screams- no matter how they held my leg, it hurted as hell! at each tiny bump, I screamed. They finally put me on IV for painkiller medication, and in which i felt dizzy- but the pain become more dull.but still hurt as hell. To cut it all short- I have a complete fracture at the tiberus and a complete fracture at the fiberus (ankle area) with a partial fracture next to that fracture. Doctor said i had to go under surgery 'cause there's too much damage. So expect the airport security to go off. Ha. A rod, ,screws and a metal pad. So currently I'm at home and on medication. (wonderful medication- let me tell you).... i got a wheelchair, walker, and shower chair. Doctor says 3 months if the body heals good, 6 months if the body heals bad. Blah- looks like i'll miss summer.!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch.....I am sorry that it happened....it surely stinked! May the healing be speedy for you and get to enjoy the summer before fall comes.

Roni