Sunday, January 07, 2007

Where did 2006 go??!

Eek! I didn't realize how time flew! One day I was crazy making copies for my notebook to give to the human services program at my college, printing out graduate applications, writing essays and doing research about universities that offers mental health or psychology graduate programs AND work with deaf clients. Next day I know, it's already 2007; I just returned from another state where family resides. I have to wonder how they could stand Kansas and not go insane. Oh wait, some of my relatives did. Never mind! I looked up my old blog and realized an oop. I said I'd make 10-12 blogs after June and I only made four. Can we say, I'm awfully busy? Hehehe. I look forward to volunteering, writing more articles after I do more research and working on my quilts. I hope to write blogs about HIV/AIDS in Deaf community (yes some of Deaf can get HIV/AIDS, thank you,) start a debate about movies that get on folks' nerves (like "Sound and Fury" "Di Vinci Code" and "Harry Potter" series,) I also want to talk about mental illnesses and discuss books that are about real individuals with mental disorders. Very interesting, I'm telling you! I just finished three books while I was visiting family. What else could I do when they all were content watching television all the time??!!! I read "Murphy's Boy" by Torey Hayden, "Sybil" by Flora Rheta Schreiber and "Nobody's Child" by Marie Balter and Richard Katz. Very good. I will write about those books soon. Also I hope to do research about mental illness in the Deaf community (yes, some of Deaf can have mental disorders.) All right, I have to get going and take a shower. I have a LONG day tomorrow. Oh yeah, by the way, I graduated with a B.S degree in Human Services Mental Health Counseling! Whooo!

Written by Jules

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on earning your degree! :) Meant to contact you after your accident in DC-- good to know you're doing well. *smile*

Wolfers said...

Thanks! I was even startled to see your comment on my blog since I don't know if anyone else know about my blog. LOL But thank you for your compliment. I'm awfully pleased about finishing school.... well undergraduate school. Graduate school is coming up soon in fall, so that leaves me 7 months to laze (not really.)

Jules

Wolfers said...

Oh yeah, one more thing..yeah, the accident. I am doing very well, thro walking with a cane. Working on strengthening the knee after surgery of tendon replacement (too much damage from the hit-and-run.) I'm alive and not paralyzed and that's two things to remember! :)

Karen Putz said...

Congrats on your degree!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on earning your degree! You deserved it after all of hardships you overcame! :) Hugs!